Tuesday, November 5, 2013

How to make a bow with the Gift Bow Die

Happy Tuesday Everyone!

Today I would like to show you how to use the
Gift Bow Bigz L Die for the Big Shot.
I have been told that it can also be used in the Cuttlebug for those of you that own one of those.

Making bows will be part of my class tomorrow night but I thought the rest of you might like to see how the bow is constructed.





Here I will be using some of the Gold foil sheets shown on page 28 of the Holiday Mini.They are also sold in the silver color too.
Cut a piece to 6 x 8 1/2.


Run the paper through the Big Shot by placing the standard cutting pad, then the die, paper, and the other cutting pad.


Fold the larger of the pieces by tucking the ends under to come together on the bottom. I like to use Sticky Strip on my bows to make sure they stick.



Sticky Strip is shown on page 175 and works great on any projects that might have some stress to it.
Snail adhesive also works good too.

Next glue the "fin" like pieces to the underside of your bow.
You will notice that you have two pieces left over. 1 piece for a 1/2 of bow and the short cover strip.
If you want to make a double bow like I first pictured, you will need another piece of cardstock measuring at 2 x 4 to cut one more piece for the top doubled bow.



Place the small piece of cardstock around bow to make a finished look.

If you are doing the double bow, cut one more matching piece with the 2 x 4 and fold them and place on top before putting the small piece over the top.


If you do not own the Big Shot or die, Stampin Up does have the Pretty Presents Designer Bows which are already die cut peices in Gumball Green, Real Red, and Whisper White. Sold on page 36 of the Mini  Catalog.
10 bows item 132186 for $3.95.



I like using the Big Shot and the Gift Bow die because it lets me use up lots of my Designer papers that I have laying around and I will have a bow for every occasion. Just adding a bow to a simple paper lunch bag will make a very cute gift bag. Remember this die can also cut material or light metal which would make some really interesting bows for your craft projects.





No comments:

Post a Comment