Sunday, November 10, 2013

Embossing with Silver Encore Pad

Todays project is the technique of embossing. 

I will be making an embossed Christmas card.


Suppplies
  • Night of Navy Cardstock
  • Whisper White Cardstock
  • Silver Embossing  Powder page 167
  • Embossing Buddy on page 167
  • Silver Encore Pad on page 28 of the Holiday Mini
  • Heat Tool Gun  page 167
  • Whisper White Organza Ribbon  page 173
  • Frosted Finishes embellishments  page 28 of the Holiday Mini
  • Festive Furry stamp set page 30 Holiday Mini
  • Artisian Label punch on page 181
  • Mini Glue dots on page 174
  • Stampin Dimensionals  on page 175





This is the card I will be making. 
The snowflakes and greeting are both embossed with 
the silver Encore pad and embossing powder. 
I will show you how it is done.

 Embossing is fun to do and adds so much to a card. 
Over 10 years ago, I saw my first embossing and that is what got me hooked to Stampin' Up!   (smile)













For those of you that do not know what the Heat Tool is, it is shown here on the left. Also pictured is the embossing buddy lower center of photo. This is a great tool for embossing on dark cardstock. It takes some of the static away so you don't end up with little 
embossed speckles all over. 
I am using the Night of Navy cardstock and also the clear blocks for my stamp set.





Rub the embossing buddy all over the area that you will be stamping to emboss. This helps to remove static from  your cardstock so the powder will only stick where you have stamped.










I will be stamping my snowflakes with the Silver Encore Stamp pad. 

The Encore pad comes in both Silver and Gold. 
Both can be used for embossing.

Our Versa Mark pad can also be used for embossing which means it will be clear until you add your color of embossing powder. 







After stamping your image, sprinkle the embossing powder all over your paper. 

You will want to have a larger scrap piece of paper or a tray to catch your excess powder.






Shake your cardstock so all of the extra powder falls off.

Do not brush or touch the stamped area because this will cause smearing
 of your images.





Now turn your heat tool on and heat your images. You should stay 2 or 3 inches 
from your project. 

The heat tool gets very hot so if you need to hold your paper from blowing away, use a scissors or bone folder to hold it still.

Heat until you see the images get shiny. It will transform before your very eyes! 
That is the cool part!!





Next, I stamped my Christmas Blessings on a 
1 1/4 x 3 1/2 piece of cardstock.
Poured my embossing powder on, shook of the extra powder and embossed it.









Using the Artisian punch, place the ends of the cardstock into the opening of the punch, 
just a little bit and punch. 

Repeat this step on the other end 
of the cardstock too.

This gives your label a cute decorative 
edge on both ends.




For my embellishments, I am using the  Frosted Finished which are very 
pretty snowflakes with bling!

When doing a card, always try and have at least 2 layers of cardstock and 
one embellishment for a completed look.






I have attached my Christmas Blessings using the Stampin Dimensionsals. 
They add depth to your card by raising the item just a little. 

They are self adhesive, so just place them on your paper and then remove the backing to adhere to your cardfront.

I used Glue dots to adhere the Frosted snowflake to my Christmas Blessings tag.






Here I add my ribbon.
I am doing a faux bow.
Cut one strip of ribbon just long enough to go around your cardstock. Glue the ends down and place on your cardfront.
Next cut a small ribbon, usually about 4 or 5 inches long and tuck that under your ribbon in front and tie once. This makes it a little easier than going all the way around and trying to tie a bow. It also saves on ribbon if you are 
doing a lot of cards.







And here is your finished card.
Two layers of cardstock, Night of Navy and Whisper White.
Two embellishments.
Whisper White Ribbon and our Frosted Finishes snowflakes with bling!!













Some of you might not like using the darker cardstock for cards because you can not see the writing that well inside the card.

Stampin Up offers two markers that can help you out with that.





Stampin Chalk Marker 
item 132133
$3.50
page 20 Holiday Mini

UniGel Pen
item 105021
$3.95
page 163 Big Catalog

I hope you have enjoyed this "How To" on embossing. It would be great to hear from you. 
Just let me know if there is a technique you would like me to feature and I will try my best to do that for you.
Have a super good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment